Save Your House With Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Very few things in life are scarier than the possibility of losing your home. You worked so hard to get to this point in life, but your drowning debt and missed payments might lead to foreclosure. We know this can be an emotional and stressful time. Our lawyers at Thompson Law Group, P.C., are committed to helping people in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, area get from under their debt and save their home.
Chapter 13 may be the best option for you if you want to keep your home but are unable to make the current payments. Dealing with creditors and going through court can be exhausting, but you do not have to do it alone. Our experienced attorneys will be by your side the entire time and work to fully understand your case and help you file for bankruptcy. We will not treat you like a number, and you can depend on our customer service and our legal guidance.
How Can Filing For Bankruptcy Help Me Keep My Home?
When you file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you are asking to reorganize your debt and have a second chance to pay it off. You will do so by creating a payment plan that lasts three to five years. With this repayment plan, you can:
- Catch up on old mortgage payments by paying the repayment plan
- Eliminate some of your other debts, or pay less on them to have more money for your mortgage to save your home
- Ask the court to “cram down” your debts to their actual value. For example, instead of paying the whole $30,000 that your car was worth, pay only what it is worth now
- Eliminate your second mortgage
- Enter the federal loss mitigation program administered by the federal court system itself, not a private bank.
Our lawyers fully understand the rules and regulations of bankruptcy and will work to help you lower your payments and keep your property. We want you to have a second chance on making your payments, and not fall behind again. We can also help you enter a loan mitigation program and work to get you loan modifications.
Considering Filing Bankruptcy? We Can Help.
If you have fallen too far behind on your mortgage payments and need to file Chapter 13 bankruptcy, we can help. Give us a call at 814-451-1125 or send us an email today.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.